"We are in possession of precise intelligence on the Americans' pressuring the anti-revolutionary forces and terrorists to carry out operations and foment insecurity in Iran or wait for a halt of their financial support from the US," General Pakpour said in the Northern city of Qazvin on Tuesday.
He said that the anti-revolutionary and terrorist groups had in the past year extensive plots to make the Iranian borders insecure, but their plots were foiled before they could make a move.
"Also, the Americans have since the start of this year begun extensive moves in the neighboring states to equip, train and back up the terrorists to enable them to disrupt security of the borders and the nearby towns in a specially-designed situation," General Pakpour said.
He underlined the Iranian Armed Forces' deterrent preparedness to defend the country, and said, "The Americans are well aware of the Islamic Republic's power and know that our response will be equal to the level of their aggression and threats against the Islamic Republic."
Late last month, the Iranian police forces in Mahshahr city in Khuzestan province detained 14 members and supporters of Takfiri terrorist groups.
The detainees had opened fire at police posts and centers of the Basij volunteer forces, hoisted the flag of the al-Ahwazia terrorist group across the city and carried banners in support of the group, Police Chief of Khuzestan province Brigadier General Heidar Abbaszadeh said.
He added that they had sent videoclips of their activities abroad.
Abbaszadeh said police forces in coordination with judicial officials carried out four separate operations and arrested the elements, eight of whom were involved in shootings while the remaining six were engaged in raising the flags of the terrorist group across the city.
Five motorcycles and 12 cellphones were also confiscated from them, according to the police official, who said the detainees had confessed to the offenses and their cases were sent to judicial authorities.
Nine of them were sent to prison while an investigation was still underway for the remaining detainees, he added.
On September 22, 2018, four gunmen had attacked a military parade in the Southern Iranian city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people and wounding 69 others. A four-year-old boy was among the fallen victims.
Gunmen opened fire on people from behind a viewing stand during a parade held to mark Iran’s eight-year defense against the invasion of the country by former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein in the 1980s.
Al-Ahwazia terrorist group claimed responsibility for the September 22 terrorist attack in Ahvaz.