ICPI Managing Director Mehdi Shafiei said on Monday that the US Treasury has sought to "block" and "confiscate" the company's domain names.
“US President Donald Trump's administration has shown that it lacks any rationality or logic; so, robbing a newspaper's domain was not an unexpected behavior", Shafiei said.
"This is an inhumane act that violates human rights, in particular freedom of expression," he added.
Shafiei called on "all global bodies, the media activists and all supporters of freedom of expression in the world to react and condemn the decision."
All newspapers published by the ICPI have become unavailable in their .com websites since last week but their .ir versions remain active.
They include the Farsi-language daily ‘Iran’, English-language ‘Iran Daily’, Arabic-language ‘Alvefaq’, a special daily for the blind in Braille script ‘Iran Sepid’, and sports daily ‘Iran Varzeshi'.
A search of the ‘Iran’ newspaper's .com domain name shows that its status was updated on April 23 and is now owned by "OFAC Holding" registered in Jacksonville, Florida.
On Sunday April 26, the Iranian foreign ministry deplored the US Treasury Department for cutting off access of Iran newspaper to its ‘.com’ domain as a flagrant violation of the freedom of expression.
“The Islamic Republic of Iran strongly condemns the US Treasury’s decision to block access of the Iranian media to their internet domains as a violation of the international declaration of human rights and the freedom of expression,” the foreign ministry wrote in its twitter account on Sunday.
It added that the measure to silence the alternative media has turned the US into the major violator of the law-based global order.
The US Treasury cut off access of Iran newspaper to its .com domain after a similar move against Fars News Agency in January.