During a phone call late on Friday, Zarif and Le Drian discussed the latest developments surrounding coronavirus outbreak and certain consular issues
They also shared views on bilateral issues, including consular affairs between the two countries.
Earlier on Friday, Zarif in a message said Iran's embassies in foreign countries are doing their best to return those citizens who have been stranded due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
Since the outbreak of coronavirus in the Middle East and Europe, Iran has called for collective measures to contain the spread of infection, and different Iranian officials have hold talks with their counterparts in the neighboring and European countries to discuss the ways to counter the bio-threat.
Iranian officials are holding regular rounds of meetings and telephone consultations to exchange views on how to counter the infection.
Also on Friday, Zarif and his Kuwaiti counterpart Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah, in a telephone conversation, voiced their respective governments’ resolution to bolster joint efforts against the spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
Last Tuesday, Iranian Ambassador to Ankara Mohammad Farzamand met and held talks with Turkish Health Minister Fahrettin Koca. In the meeting, the two sides said Tehran and Ankara are determined to ramp up joint efforts against further spread of coronavirus.
Last Monday, Iranian Foreign Minister and his Turkish counterpart Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu held a phone talk on the recent developments related to the coronavirus outbreak in Iran and the ways to tackle it and the need to maintain and strengthen relationships.