An Emergency Open-Ended Executive Committee Ministerial Meeting is now underway in Jeddah this morning upon the request of the Palestinian Authority, and the invitation of the OIC secretary-general, to discuss the most recent developments with regard to Trump’s Zionist-backed ‘Deal of Century’.
Mousavi said on Sunday that Iran, as an active member of the organization, has been invited by the OIC secretary-general to attend the meeting, however, “The Saudi government has barred the Islamic Republic from participation.”
The spokesman noted that Saudi Arabia, blatantly violating the principles of hosting the meeting, including the free participation of all member countries, has refrained from issuing visas for the representatives of Iran so far till late Sunday.
“The Iranian Foreign Ministry will send a formal protest note to the Secretariat of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, which will also be distributed among its members, to voice its protest to Saudi Arabia's abuse of its hosting position, which comes in line with disrupting the OIC’s ongoing activities.”
Imposing restrictions on the free participation of member states in organization meetings in Jeddah, especially on an important issue such as Palestine, seriously questions the Saudi regime's competence to continue hosting the Islamic Cooperation Organization's meetings, Mousavi concluded.
Washington had announced the plan -- a brainchild of Trump’s son-in-law and advisor Jared Kushner and other key pro-Israeli figures, years ago -- but had withheld the details. Trump announced the general provisions of the scheme on Tuesday, with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at his side and in the absence of whatever representative from the Palestinian sides, which have already dismissed the deal.
The US president repeated his hugely-controversial endorsement of al-Quds Jerusalem as Israel’s “undivided capital,” although Palestinians have historically wanted the city’s eastern part as the capital of their future state.
He said the deal featured an economic portion that earmarks $50 billion in monetary allocations to Palestinians, Jordan, and Egypt. Palestinians have denounced this as a means of bribing them into selling their rights.
Still contentiously, Trump said that the settlers, who have been housed in illegal settlements built on occupied Palestinian land, would not be moved under the deal.
The US president, meanwhile, alleged that Israel would be freezing its settlement activities for four years “while Palestinian statehood is negotiated.” Tel Aviv has never fully committed to such freezes, causing any negotiation process to break down.
On Thursday, Iranian President's Chief of Staff Mahmoud Vaezi slammed the so-called “Deal of the Century” as a clear violation of Palestinians’ rights, and said Tehran will stand by the people of the Arab country against the American-Israeli plot.
Vaezi said that Trump-proposed so-called “Deal of the Century” is the clear violation of sovereignty of the Palestinian people, adding that the shameful and disgraceful peace plan put forward by US president is certainly doomed to failure.
He pledged that the Iranian people and government will always stand by the oppressed Palestinian nation, and added, “This disgraceful plan orchestrated by US President Trump is the clear-cut violation of sovereignty of Palestinian people.”
From the perspective of the Islamic Republic of Iran, the only solution to the Palestinian issue is to rely on the will and collective wisdom of inhabitants of that land [Palestine], Vaezi highlighted.
In a Thursday statement in response to Trump’s announcement of the plan that he has dubbed “Deal of the Century”, Iranian Supreme Leader's top adviser for international affairs Ali Akbar Velayati warned of the consequences of the so-called “Deal of the Century” plan, saying that it will further destabilize the region.
Velayati, who is also the secretary general of the World Assembly of Islamic Awakening, condemned the so-called 'Deal of the Century,’ saying that the World Assembly of Islamic Awakening considers it necessary for all Palestinian factions to close their ranks as a “comprehensive strategy aimed at thwarting the ominous goals” of Trump’s plot.
He referred to the Palestinian cause as “the most important” issue facing the Muslim world, saying Muslims are obliged to throw “unequivocal support” behind Palestine by “using all material, spiritual and media capacities, public diplomacy, holding rallies and enlightening public opinion.”
Velayati further warned of the repercussions of such a plan, including destabilizing the region and violating numerous UN resolutions on the Palestine case.
“The deal of the century will lead nowhere,” but rather consolidate unity in the Muslim Ummah and muster support for the oppressed Palestinian nation from the world’s freedom- and justice-seeking people and the entire international community, he said.
Late on Tuesday, the Iranian Foreign Ministry lashed out at Trump's so-called "Deal of the century" as a great betrayal to the causes of the Palestinians and all Muslim nations of the world, urging all Islamic countries to get united, regardless of differences and disagreements, to fight against the “treason of the century”.
"The Zionist regime is an occupying regime and the only solution to solve the Palestinian crisis is a referendum among all main residents of the Palestinian land and such vicious plans are doomed to failure," Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyed Abbas Mousavi said.
He called on all free nations and governments in the region and across the world to counter Trump's disgraceful scheme.
















